GA PTA’s Honoring Our Heroes student writing program has begun! Honoring Our Heroes is a writing program that encourages students to discover, honor, and write about real life heroes and role models that display generosity, trust, dedication, leadership, creativity, bravery, imagination, service, courage or compassion. GA PTA wants students to redefine media-hyped and cartoon heroes instead recognize someone who has made a more personal impact on their life such as a family member, doctor, public safety officer, soldier, or teacher.
Interested students have until Friday, February 10th, 2017, to submit their entry to their homeroom teacher or they can submit their scanned entry form and essay electronically via email to Katherine Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please do not hesitate to contact Katherine Johnson, HOH Chair
Essay Rules and Guidelines
- The essay can be handwritten or typed.
- The essay must be on one single sheet of 8½ x 11-inch paper (Single or double-sided but no more than one sheet of paper)
- Completed entry form attached must be attached to essay
- Student name ONLY should be placed in top right corner of the essay; NO other identifying information should be on the essay.
- A picture of the hero should be attached if possible. Label the picture on the back with the student’s name.
- In addition, every writer who fits in the Special Artist category will also be recognized. The National PTA Special Artist Division is an option for students with disabilities who receive services under IDEA or Section 504 to have the opportunity and accommodations they may need in order to participate fully in the program. The Special Artist Division offers modified rules and guidelines to ensure that every student has the chance to be part of the HOH program. Ga PTA ECCC Honoring Heroes